Ondo State Police Command has said it has rescued 12 persons abducted by kidnappers in Isua Akoko, headquarters of Akoko South-East local government area of the state.

The Command’s spokesperson, DSP Abayomi Jimoh, disclosed this in a statement yesterday.
According to him, the victims were kidnapped in the early hours of yesterday, after two commercial buses travelling from Benue State to Ibadan were intercepted by armed men.
He said, “The Command received a distress report at about 01.30hrs that two commercial Hummer buses conveying passengers from Benue State en-route Ibadan had been violently intercepted by suspected armed kidnappers. The attackers reportedly forced several passengers out of the vehicles and marched them into a nearby forest.
“Following the report, the Police immediately activated a coordinated rescue operation as operatives of the command, alongside local hunters and other security stakeholders, were swiftly mobilised to the scene with the primary objective of rescuing the victims and apprehending the perpetrators.
“Upon arrival, the combined rescue team commenced an intensive bush-combing operation across the surrounding forests and difficult terrains where the victims were believed to have been taken. The sustained pressure mounted by the combined security team yielded significant success as 12 kidnapped victims, including the drivers of the affected buses, were successfully rescued alive”.
The Police spokesman added that the rescued victims had been taken to hospital for medical attention and support. He said efforts were ongoing to rescue the remaining victims and arrest those responsible for the attack.
Jimoh also stated that the Commissioner of Police, Felix Ohagwu, visited the scene and met with community leaders, vigilante groups and other stakeholders.
He added that additional tactical and intelligence assets had been deployed to the area to support ongoing rescue and manhunt operations.
Kaduna: Bandits demand ₦1bn, 35 motorcycles to release 37 victims kidnapped from churches – Community
Residents of Ariko community in Kachia local government area of Kaduna State have cried out to the federal and state governments to urgently secure the release of 37 worshippers abducted during Easter Sunday attacks on churches in the area.
The bandits are demanding N1bn from the affected community before releasing the 37 kidnapped people that have been in captivity since Easter Sunday.
President of the Kuturmi Development Association (KUDA), Dr. Joseph David Ariko, told newsmen that the community cannot afford to meet the ₦1 billion ransom and 35 motorcycles demanded by the abductors, saying that their only hope lies in government intervention and swift rescue operations of the affected people.
Recall that armed bandits stormed three churches in Ariko community during Easter Sunday services, killing five worshippers before whisking away 37 others into captivity. The victims, taken from St. Augustine Catholic Church, ECWA and Baptist Churches, have now spent about 45 days in captivity, leaving families and residents in fear, anguish and uncertainty over their fate.
The President of Kuturmi Development Association, explained that the abductors have remained in constant contact with the community, insisting on their demand without any reduction.
According to him, “They (bandits) called virtually every two days, demanding for ₦1bn and 35 motorcycles. They are not ready to reduce the amount of money they are demanding from the poor farmers, who in reality cannot afford to raise such amount of money”.
David lamented that the community lacks the financial capacity to meet the demand, adding that residents have no option but to depend on the government to rescue their beloved ones in captivity. He stated that they want the government to go and rescue their people, stressing that they cannot afford what the bandits are demanding from them.
According to him, the prolonged captivity has deepened fear across the community and disrupted normal social and economic activities in the area, lamenting that many residents now live in constant apprehension, while affected families continue to struggle emotionally and financially in the aftermath of the attack.
The community leaders, therefore, urged security agencies to intensify efforts to ensure the safe release of the victims and restore residents’ confidence.
They also appealed well-meaning Nigerians, humanitarian organisations and other stakeholders to come to the aid of the community in order to overcome and ensure the released of their beloved ones.
